Your weekend breakfasts have just got a whole lot better with these easy Flourless Banana Pancakes! Just throw all the ingredients into your blender and then simply fry for delicious and healthy pancakes made in minutes. We demolish a batch every Sunday in our house!
Ingredients Serves 4 (makes approximately 10 pancakes)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 organic large eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 dessertspoons of Collagen Hydrolysate (optional)
- To serve: top with maple syrup, butter, honey, Greek yoghurt, fresh fruit, or peanut butter
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt (and collagen hydrolysate if using for an extra protein boost).
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a little coconut oil or butter for frying.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture into the frying pan, cook on one side for about 1.5 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side for about 1 minute (or until golden brown on both sides). Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding a little more coconut oil/butter to the pan between batches as needed.
- Top with your desired toppings and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leftover pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, then reheated in the toaster. Yum!