I am currently not taking on any new clients. Please sign up to join my Wait List and I will notify you as soon as I become available.
Bella Wellbeing - Hormone tests image

Hormone Testing

Hormone testing, where appropriate, will give Nikki more information about the inner workings of you thereby providing a more thorough assessment of your health and needs.

Saliva Hormone Testing

Saliva hormone testing is an accurate, scientific and simple way of assessing hormonal imbalances in your body. Saliva testing of steroid hormones such as oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA and cortisol can easily help identify the cause and origin of many of the symptoms that women have with PMS, absent or irregular periods, hormonal conditions (PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids), weight issues or infertility.

Why test saliva?

Approximately 95% of your hormones are bound to certain types of proteins, which carry them through the bloodstream. The other 1-5% are not bound and represent your free or bio-available hormones. These hormones are available to move easily throughout the body and are utilized by the brain, uterus, skin, prostate and breasts and if imbalanced may be responsible for causing a number of unpleasant symptoms.

The most common method used to evaluate your steroid hormone levels is a blood test performed by your GP. However, a blood test measures your total level of hormones, (both bound and bio-available) as opposed to a saliva test that only measures your bio-available hormones. Hence a saliva test often validates how a woman is feeling as mild and moderate symptoms will show up which may have otherwise been missed in a blood test.

How can saliva hormone tests help you?

By testing the level of bio-available hormones in your saliva Nikki can provide an accurate assessment of your body’s hormonal environment to determine if any of the symptoms that you may be experiencing are associated with an imbalance or lack of specific active hormones. This allows Nikki to get to the cause of the problem by correcting the imbalance revealed by the test. Adequate and balanced levels of the hormones (Oestrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA, Cortisol, Melatonin) are necessary for maintaining optimal health and wellbeing in both females and males.

Thyroid Panel

Thyroid hormones are essential and primary regulators of the body’s metabolism . Thyroid imbalances may elicit fatigue, depression, coldness, constipation, poor skin, headaches, PMS, painful periods, fluid retention, weight gain, anxiety/panic attacks, decreased memory and concentration, muscle and joint pain, and a low sex drive.

Where are the tests performed?

A fully accredited medical laboratory, Genova Diagnostics Europe, conducts these tests. Nikki will assess which hormonal test is best for you and can order the appropriate kit to be delivered to your home. All you have to do is collect a sample of saliva or serum, follow the instructions and pop it in the post to the specified lab. This is an additional cost that you pay directly to the laboratory. Nikki will then assess your results and draw up the appropriate treatment plan according to your test results.